Friday, September 01, 2006

The New American Dream

Sometime in the course of the last few days, I've come to realize that the Bethlehem sky fills with clouds almost every night. It seems odd to me that I have never realized it before. A simple fact, and yet hidden from me. It must be because I am new here.

The darkness of the night sky, along with my sleepiness, worked together to keep me ignorant. My environment and my own desires allow me to remain blithely unaware.

The clouds don't change my life anyway. And can I even do anything about them? Heck, are they really even there? After all, it's very dark when they roll in and just twilight when they leave. Maybe they are just imagining them.

No one really cares about the clouds except for those noisy meteorologists. What do they know, they're always exaggerating and acting like they've got some big, important story to tell us.

As long as I sleep in, I won't see the clouds at all. They surely won't matter in that case. I'll set my alarm for 9 or so. Sweet dreams.

Basem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home