Monday, September 25, 2006

Things that make me happy:
Looking out over Beit Jala and seeing how every building and structure fits perfectly into the landscape

Walking through the Old City and seeing Muslims, Christians, and Jews conducting business, exhanging pleasantries and acting like life is normal

The apologies and remorse that Muslim leaders expressed after the church attacks

The way that both Israeli's and Palestinians have gone out of their way to help me when I have questions

The awareness that God loves all peoples, and the process of figuring out what that means

Things that make me less happy:
The way some Israeli's look at me when I tell them I'm living in Bethlehem

The church attacks in the West Bank and Gaza.

Being pulled off of an Arab bus by IDF soliders, told to stand in a line against the wall and present our ID's . . . in the middle of Jerusalem.

The way The Barrier creates an ugly scar across the landscape.

The way The Barrier irritates so many open wounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home